UPSC CDS Syllabus 2023 , Application Form , Exam Date , Eligibility , Pattern
Join the Group :
Short Information :
Union Public service Commission UPSC has released the Combined Defence Service CDS Second II Examination 2023. Those candidates who are intrested in this UPSC CDS II recruitment can apply online from 17 May 2023 to 06 June 2023. Read the notification for recruitment eligibility, post information , selection procedure , age limit , pay scale and all other information.
UPSC CDS Application form Released Date : 17 / 05 / 2023
Last Date for submission of the application form : 06 / 06 / 2023
Admit Card Release : Before the Exam
Recruitment Organization : Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
UPSC CDS Exam Date : 03 / 09 / 2023
Total Post : 349 Posts
Mode of Exam : Offline
UPSC NDA Exam Pattern : Written Exam
UPSC NDA Exam Result : Notified Soon
Selection Process :
- UPSC NDA Written Exam
- SSB Interview
- Medical Test
- Final Merit List
Salary : Rs 56100 /-
UPSC CDS Exam Eligibility Criteria :
The condinates who qualify in UPSC CDS II Exam shall have to fullfill the following Eligibility Requirement for Application form.
- For IMA & OTA : Bachelor Degree in Any Stream.
- For Airforce : Bachelor Degree in Any Stream with Physics & Math in 10 + 2 Level
- For Naval Academy : Bachelor Degree in Enginnering
UPSC CDS Exam Age Limit & Relaxation :
- Age Limit as on 01 / 07 / 2024
- Minimum Age : 20 Years
- Maximum Age : 24 Years
- Age Relaxation As per Recruitment Rules of UPSC CDS II Exam Notification 2023 Recruitment Rules .
Category Wise Vacancy Details :
|Indian Military Academy IMA||100|
|Officers Training Academy OTA||185|
|Indian Naval Academy||32|
Download the Notification :cds
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION :
The Competitive examination comprises :
- Written examination as shown in para 2 below.
- Interview for intelligence and personality test (vide Part ‘B’ of this Appendix) of such candidates as may be called for interview at one of the Services Selection Centres.
The subjects of the written examination, the time allowed and the maximum marks allotted to each subject will be as follows :
For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy :
|General Knowledge||12||2 Hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||13||2 Hours||100|
|SSB Interview||–||5 Days||300|
For Admission to Officers’ Training Acade :
|General Knowledge||12||2 Hours||100|
|SSB Interview||–||5 Days||300|
- There will be a negative marking of each incorrect questions 0.33 Marks deducted.
- If a question is left blank i.e. no answer is given by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
- The maximum marks allotted to the written examination and to the interviews will be equal for each course i.e. the maximum marks allotted to the written examination and to the interviews will be 300, 300, 300 and 200 each for admission to the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers’ Training Academy respectively.
- The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only. The question papers (Test Booklets) of General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics will be set bilingually in Hindi as well as English.
- In the question papers, wherever necessary, questions involving the metric system of Weights and Measures only will be set.
- Candidates must write the papers in their own hand. In no circumstances will they be allowed the help of a scribe to write answers for them.
- The Commission have discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subjects of the examination.
- The candidates are not permitted to use calculator for answering objective type papers (Test Booklets). They should not therefore, bring the same inside the Examination Hall.
- If a candidate given more than one answer, it will be treated as a wrong answer even if one of the given answers happens to be correct and there will be same penalty as above for that question.
- The candidates are not permitted to use calculator or Mathematical or logarithmic table for answering objective type papers (Test Booklets). They should not therefore, bring the same inside the Examination Hall.
UPSC CDS Syllabus 2023 :
ENGLISH : (Code No. 01)
The question paper will be designed to test the candidates’ understanding of English and workmanlike use of words.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE : (Code No. 02)
General Knowledge including knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper will also include questions on History of India and Geography of a nature which candidate should be able to answer without special study.
ELEMENTARY MATHEMATICS : (Code No. 03)
Number System :
Natural numbers, Integers, Rational and Real numbers. Fundamental operations, addition, substraction, multiplication, division, Square roots, Decimal fractions. Unitary method, time and distance, time and work, percentages, applications to simple and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation.
Elementary Number Theory :
Division algorithm. Prime and composite numbers. Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11. Multiples and factors. Factorisation Theorem. H.C.F. and L.C.M. Euclidean algorithm. Logarithms to base 10, laws of logarithms, use of logarithmic tables.
Basic Operations, simple factors, Remainder Theorem, H.C.F., L.C.M., Theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, relation between its roots and coefficients (Only real roots to be considered). Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns – analytical and graphical solutions. Simultaneous linear inequations in two variables and their solutions. Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or inequations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable & their solutions. Set language and set notation, Rational expressions and conditional identities, Laws of indices.
sin x , cos x , tan x when 0° ≤ x ≤ 90° Values of sin x , cos x and tan x , for x =
0°, 30°, 45°, 60° and 90° Simple Trigonometric Identities.
Use of Trigonometric Tables.
Simple cases of Heights and Distances.
Lines and angles, Plane and plane figures, Theorems on
- Properties of angles at a point
- Parallel lines
- Sides and angles of a triangle
- Congruency of triangles
- Similar triangles
- Concurrence of medians and altitudes
- Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square
- Circles and its properties including tangents and normals
Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle. Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures (Field Book), Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders, surface area and volume of spheres.
Collection and tabulation of statistical data, Graphical representation frequency polygons, histograms, bar charts, pie charts etc. Measures of central tendency.
INTELLIGENCE AND PERSONALITY TEST :
The SSB procedure consists of two stage Selection process – Stage I and Stage II. Only those candidates who clear the Stage I are permitted to appear for Stage II. The details are :
- Stage I comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception* Description Test (PP & DT). The candidates will be shortlisted based on combination of performance in OIR Test and PP & DT.
- Stage II Comprises of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference. These tests are conducted over 4 days. The details of these tests are given on the website joinindianarmy.nic.in.
The personality of a candidate is assessed by three different assessors viz. The Interviewing Officer (IO), Group Testing Officer (GTO) and the Psychologist. There are no separate weightage for each test. The marks are allotted by assessors only after taking into consideration the performance of the candidate holistically in all the test. In addition, marks for Conference are also allotted based on the initial performance of the Candidate in the three techniques and decision of the Board. All these have equal weightage.
The various tests of IO, GTO and Psych are designed to bring out the presence/absence of Officer Like Qualities and their trainability in a candidate. Accordingly candidates are Recommended or Not Recommended at the SSB.
UPSC CDS Syllabus : Downloadcds_syllabus
UPSC CDS Exam Application Fees :
- General Category can apply for the examination fees : Rs.200 / – only.
- OBC / EWS Category can apply for the examination fees : Rs.200 / – only.
- SC / ST/ PH Category can apply for the examination fees : Rs.0 / – only.
|1.||General / Unreserved||Rs. 200 /-|
|2.||General – EWS / OBC – NCL||Rs. 200 /-|
|3.||SC / ST / PH||Rs. 0 /-|
UPSC NDA EXAM CENTRES OF EXAMINATION :
The Examination will be held at the following Centres :
|ANANTPUR (ANDHRA PRADESH)||ITANAGAR||RAJKOT|
|GAUTAM BUDDH NAGAR||NAVI MUMBAI|
HOW TO Fill UPSC CDS II ONLINE FORM :
- Union Public Service Commission UPSC are issued Combined Defence Academy CDS II Recruitment 2023 . Notification and Invited Online Application form for the UPSC CDS II Recruitment 2023 Candidate can apply online for 17 May 2023 to 06 June 2023 .
- Union Public Dervice Commission UPSC NDA II Recruitment 2023. Candidate can Apply between 17 / 05 / 2023 to 06 / 06 / 2023.
- Candidate Read the CDS II Notification Before Apply the Recruitment Application Form in CDS II Apply Online 2023.
- Kindly Check and Collect the All Document – Eligibility , ID Proof , Address Details , Basic Details.
- Kindly Ready Scan Document Related to Admission Entrance Exam – Photo , Sign , ID Proof , etc.
- Before Submit the Application form Must Check the Preview and All Column Carefully.
- If Candidate required to paying the Application Fee must submit. If you have not the required application fees your form is not completed.
- Take a Print Out of Final Submitted Form.
UPSC CDS Exam Result :
- Visit the Official Website of UPSC CDS II Exam 2023 i.e, upsconline.nic.in
- On the Home Page, Search for the UPSC CDS II Exam Result.
- Then click on the Result link.
- Enter your Roll Number and Date of Birth.
- Then click on the Submit Button.
- Check the Result.
- Download and take the Printout of the Result.
Join the Batch IIT-JAM | CSIR-NET | GATE | TGT | PGT Exam (Mathematics) Course :
Download the Mathematical Academy App from PlayStore :
- Registration Open New Batch
- Complete Course Fees : 999 Rs (Only) /- & Include Test Series.
- Enroll Now
- Live Class
- Backup ( Complete Recorded Lecture ) Available in Mathematical Academy App.
- Printed Assignment + Video Solution
- Test Series ( Topic Wise + Full Length Test ) + Solution
- Watch the Video Offline without Internet.
- Watch the Video Unlimited Time .
- If you not Attemt the live class then end the live class immediately recorded Lecture Available in App.
- Laptop and PC version Available .
- Same login Id and password put the website.
- Live Class PDF Notes Available in App(Daily).
- Website : www.mathematicalacademy.com