Gate Exam 2024 , Syllabus , Application Form , Exam Date , Eligibility Criteria , Pattern
Join the Group :
GATE Exam Application form Released Date : August 2023
Last Date for submission of the application form : October 2023
Admit Card Release : January 2024
GATE Exam Date : February 2024
Conduct Institude : IISC , Bangalore
GATE Exam Pattern : Online Mode
GATE Exam Result : March 2024
The Validity of GATE Exam Score Card : 3 Year
GATE Exam Eligibility Criteria : –
The condinates who qualify in GATE Exam shall have to fullfill the following Eligibility Requirement (ER) for admissions in IISC and IITs.
- Passed / Appearing B.E / B.Tech / B. Pharma / B.Arch / B.sc. Research / B. S. M.Sc. / MA / MCA / M.E. /M.Tech / Dual Degree Integrated Courses
- For Complete Details See Brochure .
GATE Exam Pattern : –
- GATE Exam will conducted Online Mode .
- Duration of Exam will be 3 hours.
- The Paper will be asked in the English Language Only .
- Section : 3 Sections ( Section – A , Section – B , Section – C ).
- Number of Questions : 65 Questions
- Total Marks : 100 Marks.
GATE Exam Marking Pattern of the Paper :-
In all Sections , questions not attempted will result is zero mark.
The examination is of 3 hours duration , There are a total 65 questions carrying 100 marks. The entire paper is divided into three section , A , B and C . All sections are compulsory. Questions in each section are of different types.
- Section – A contains a total of 30 Multiple choice Questions ( MCQs) . Each MCQ type question has four choice out of which only one choice is the correct answer . Question Q.1 – Q.10 belong to General Aptitude (GA) this section and carry a total of 15 marks . And Q.11 – Q.24 carry 1 marks each and Q.36 – Q.41 carry 2 marks each question.
- Section – B contains a total of 13 Multiple select Question (MSQs). Each MSQ type question has four choice out of which more than one option correct answer. Question Q.42 – Q.54 carry 2 marks each Question.
- Section – C contains a total 22 Numerical Answer Type Questions ( NATQs) . For these NAT type questions , the answeris a real number which needs to be entered using the virtual keyboard of the monitor . No choices will be shown for these type of questions . Q.25 – Q.35 carry 1 mark each and Questions Q.55 – Q.65 carry 2 mark each .
- In all sections , questions not attempted will resulit in zero mark . In Section – A ( MCQ), wrong answer will result in Negative Marks . For all 1 mark Questions , 1/3 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. For all 2 marks questions , 2/3 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. In Section – B ( MSQ), there is No Negative and No partial marking provisions . There is No Negative marking in section – C ( NAT ) as well .
5. Only Virtual Scientific Calculator is allowed . Charts , Graph Sheets , Tables , Cellular Phone or Other Electronic Gadgets are NOT allowes in the examination hall.
|No. Of Questions||Type of Questions||Total Marks|
|Sec – A||30||MCQ||41|
|Sec – B||13||MSQ||26|
|Sec – C||22||NAT||33|
GATE Exam Syllabus for Mathematics : –
Calculus : –
Finite , Countable and Uncountable sets , Real number system as a complete ordered field , Archimedean property , Sequences and series , convergence , Limits , continuity , uniform continuity , differentiability , mean value theorems , Riemann integral , Improper integrals , functions of two or three variables , continuity , directional derivatives , partial derivatives , total derivative , maxima and minima , saddle point , method of Lagrange’s multipliers , Double and Triple integrals and their applications , Line integrals and Surface integrals , Green’s theorem , Stokes theorem and Gauss divergence theorem .
Linear Algebra :-
Finite dimensional vector spaces over real or complex fields , Linear transformations and their matrix representations , rank and nullity , systems of linear equations , eigen values and eigenvectors , minimal polynomial , Cayley – Hamilton Theorem , Diagonalization , Jordan canonical form , symmetric , skew symmetric , Hermitian , Skew – Hermitian , orthogonal and unitary matrices , Finite dimensional inner product spaces , Gram – Schmidt orthonormalization process , definite forms.
Real Analysis :-
Matric spaces , connectedness , compactness , completeness , Sequence and series of functions , uniform convergence , Weierstrass approximation theorem , Power series , Functions of sever variables , Differentiation , Contraction mapping principle , inverse and implicit function theorems , Lebesgue measure , measurable functions , Lebesgue integral , Fatou’s Lemma , monotone convergence theorem , dominated convergence theorem .
Complex Analysis :-
Analytic functions , harmonic functions , Complex integration , Cauchy’s integral theorem and formula , Liouville’s theorem , maximum modulus principle , Morera’s theorem , zeros and singularities , power series , radius of convergence , Taylor’s theorem and Laurent’s theorem , Residue theorem and applications for evaluating real integrals , Rouche’s theorem , Argument principle , Schwarz lemma , conformal mappings , bilinear transformations.
Ordinary Differential Equations :-
First order ordinary differential equations , existence and uniqueness theorems for initial value problems , linear ordinary differential equations of Higher order with constant coefficients , Second order linear ordinary differential equations with variables coefficients , Cauchy – Euler equation , method of Laplace transforms for solving ordinary differential equations , series solutions ( power series , Frobenius method), Legendre and Bessel functions and their orthogonal properties , Systems of linear first order ordinary differential equations.
Groups , subgroups , normal subgroups , quotient groups , homomorphisms , automorphisms , cyclic groups , permutation groups , Sylow’s theorems and their applications , Rings , ideals , prime and maximal ideals, quotient rings , unique factorization domains , Principle ideal domains , polynomial rings and irreducibility criteria , Fields , finite fields , field extensions.
Functional Analysis :-
Normal linear spaces , Banach spaces , Hahn – Banach theorem , open mapping and closed graph theorems , principle of uniform boundedness , Inner product spaces , Hilbert spaces , orthonormal bases , Riesz representation theorem .
Numerical Analysis :-
Numerical solutions of algebraic and transcendental equations , bisection , secant method , Newton-Raphson method , fixed point iteration , Interpolation , error of polynomial interpolation , Lagrange and Newton interpolations , Numerical differentiation , Numerical integration , Trapezoidal and Simpson’s rules , Numerical solution of a system of linear equations , direct methods ( Gauss elimination , LU decomposition ) , iterative methods ( Jacobi and Gauss – Seidel) , Numerical solution of initial value problems of ODEs , Euler’s method , Runge – Kutta methods of order 2 .
Partial Differential Equations :-
Linear and quasi – linear first order partial differential equations , method of characteristics , Second order linear equations in two variables and their classification , Cauchy , Dirichlet and Neumann problems , Solutions of Laplace and wave equations in two dimensional Cartesian coordinates , Interior and exterior , Dirichlet problems in polar coordinates , Separation of variables method for solving wave and diffusion equations in one space variable , Fourier series and Fourier transform and Laplace transform methods of solutions for the equations mentioned above .
Basic concepts of topology , bases , subbass , subspace topology , order topology , product topology , metric topology , connectedness , compactness , countability and separation axioms , Urysohn’s Lemma.
Linear Programming :-
Linear programming problems and its formulation , convex sets and their properties , graphical method , basis feasible solution , simplex method , two phase methods , infeasible and unbounded LPP’s , alternate optima , Dual problem and duality theorems , Balanced and unbalanced transportation problems , Vogel’s approximation method for solving transportation problems , Hungarian method for solving assignment problems .
GATE Exam Syllabus Free Download :-gate syllabus _2024
GATE Application Fees : –
- If you are looking for applying for only one paper and belong to GEN / OBC category can apply for the examination by paying the number of Rs.1500 / – and Extended Period Rs 2000 /- and Condidate SC / ST & PWD and Female category can apply by paying Rs.750 / – & Extended Period Rs 1250 /- .
GATE Exam 2024 Admission :-
- First, Check the name in the GATE merit list .
- Then apply online only using the prescribed Admission Form available at the GOAPS website, Irrespective of IITs where the Admission is search .
- Enter login credentials obtained at the time of GATE registration to access the GOAPS admission form .
- In the Admission form, Qualified Candidates will have to enter all the programs at IITs, in order of preferences, where the Candidate is taking Admission .
- Now, submit the form the candidates are then needed to make the payment of Rs. 600/-.
- Review the Admission Lists , which are prepared by the Organizing Institute and announced on the JAM website .
- The Admission lists are released before the seats in the respective courses in the IITs are filled in. Three admission lists have been issued .
- If the name of a Candidate appears on any of the Admission lists, the Candidate is told by an offer letter of the same .
Steps To Check GATE Entrance Exam Result :-
- Visit the Official Website of GATE 2024 i.e, gate.iisc.ac.in.
- On the Home Page, Search for the GATE Exam Result.
- Then click on the GATE Exam Result link.
- Enter your Email ID and Password.
- Then click on the Submit Button.
- Check the GATE Exam Result.
- Download and take the Printout of the GATE Exam Result.
Counselling Process for GATE Exam :-
The Counseling Process for GATE Exam will take place as soon as the result is Announced. Those who get into the Category of Merit list will be Applicable to Appear for Counseling.
Join the GATE (Mathematics) Course :-
Download the Mathematical Academy App from PlayStore : Download Now
- Registration Open New Batch
- Complete Course Fees : 999 Rs (Only) /- & Include Test Series.
- Enroll Now
- Live Class
- Backup ( Complete Recorded Lecture ) Available in Mathematical Academy App.
- Printed Assignment + Video Solution
- Test Series ( Topic Wise + Full Length Test ) + Solution
- Watch the Video Offline without Internet.
- Watch the Video Unlimited Time .
- If you not Attemt the live class then end the live class immediately recorded Lecture Available in App.
- Laptop and PC version Available .
- Same login Id and password put the website.
- Live Class PDF Notes Available in App(Daily).
- Website : www.mathematicalacademy.com