IIT JAM Exam 2024 , Syllabus , Application Form , Exam Dates , Eligibility Criteria , Pattern
Join the Group :
IIT JAM Exam Application form Released Date : August 2023
Last Date for submission of the application form : October 2023
Admit Card Release : January 2024
IIT JAM Exam Date : February 2024
Conduct Institude : IISC , Bangalore
IIT JAM Exam Pattern : Online Mode
IIT JAM Exam Result : March 2024
IIT JAM Exam Eligibility Criteria : –
The condinates who qualify in JAM shall have to fullfill the following Eligibility Requirement (ER) for admissions in IISC and IITs.
- All condidates admitted through JAM should have a Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least 55% marks , without rounding off for GEN / OBC -NCL Category Candidates.
- At least 50% marks , without rounding off for SC / ST and PWD Category Candidates.
IIT JAM Exam Pattern : –
- IIT JAM exam will conducted Online Mode .
- Duration of Exam will be 3 hours.
- The Paper will be asked in the English Language Only .
- Section : 3 Sections ( Section – A , Section – B , Section – C ).
- Number of Questions : 60 Questions
- Total Marks : 100 Marks.
IIT JAM Exam Marking Pattern of the Paper :-
In all Sections , questions not attempted will result is zero mark.
- Section A ( MCQ) : 1 mark questions ,1 / 3 marks will be deducted for each Wrong answer. For all 2 marks questions , 2 / 3 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Section – B (MSQ) : No negative Marking .
- Section – C ( NAT) : No negative Marking .
|No. Of Question||Type of Questions||Total Marks|
|Sec – A||30||MCQ||50|
|Sec – B||10||MSQ||20|
|Sec – C||20||NAT||30|
IIT JAM Syllabus for Mathematics : –
Sequence and Series of Real Number : –
Sequences and Series of real numbers, Convergent and Divergent Sequences, Bounded and monotone sequences , Convergence criteria for sequences of real numbers , Cauchy sequences , Absolute and conditional convergence , Tests of convergence for series of positive terms – comparison test , Ratio test , Root test , Leibnitz test for convergence of alternating series .
Functions of One Variable :-
Limit , Continuity , Intermediate value property , Differentiation , Rolle’s Theorem , Mean value theorem , Maxima and Minima , Riemann integration and Its Properties.
Functions of Two Real Variables :-
Limit, Continuity , Partial derivatives , Differentiability , Maxima and Minima , Method of Lagrange multipliers , Homogeneous functions including Euler’s theorem.
Integral Calculus :-
Integration as the inverse process of differentiation , Definite integrals and their properties , Fundamental theorem of integral calculus , Double and triple integrals , Change of order of integration , Calculating surface areas and volumes using triple integrals and applications.
Differential Equation :-
Ordinary differential equations of the first order of the form y’ = f ( x , y ) , Bernoulli’s equation , Exact differential equations , Integrating factor , Orthogonal trajectories , Homogeneous differential equations – separable solutions , Linear differential equations of second and higher order with constant coefficients , Method of variation of parameters , Cauchy – Euler equation.
Group Theory :-
Groups , Subgroups , Abelian Groups , Non – abelian groups , Cyclic groups , Permutation groups , Normal subgroups , Lagrange’s theorem for finite groups , Group homomorphism and basic concepts of quotient groups.
Linear Algebra :-
Vector spaces , Linear dependence of vectors , Basis Dimension , Linear transformations , Matrix representation with respect to an ordered basis , Range space and null space , Rank – nullity theorem , Rank and inverse of a matrix , Determinant , Solutions of systems of linear equations , Consistency conditions , Eigenvalues and eigenvectors , Cayley -Hamilton theorem , Symmetric , Skew – symmetric , Hermitian , Skew – Hermitian , Orthogonal and unitary matrices.
Real Analysis :-
Interior points , Limit points , Open sets , Closed sets , Bounded sets , Connected sets , Compact sets , Completeness of R , Power series of real variable ,Taylor’s and Maclaurin’s , Domain of convergence , Term – wise differentiation and integration of power series.
IIT JAM Syllabus Download :-
IIT JAM Application Fees : –
- If you are looking for applying for only one paper and belong to GEN / OBC category can apply for the examination by paying the number of Rs.1500 / – and if you are a female belonging to SC / ST & PWD category can apply by paying Rs.750 / – .
- If you wish to apply for both the papers and belonging to GEN / OBC category can apply for the exam by paying Rs.2100 / – . Candidates from a category such as SC / ST & PWD and Female need to pay the amount of Rs.1050 / -.
IIT JAM Exam 2024 Admission :-
- First, Check the name in the JAM merit list .
- Then apply online only using the prescribed Admission Form available at the JOAPS website, Irrespective of IITs where the Admission is search .
- Enter login credentials obtained at the time of JAM registration to access the JOAPS admission form .
- In the Admission form, Qualified Candidates will have to enter all the programs at IITs, in order of preferences, where the Candidate is taking Admission .
- Now, submit the form the candidates are then needed to make the payment of Rs. 600/-.
- Review the Admission Lists , which are prepared by the Organizing Institute and announced on the JAM website .
- The Admission lists are released before the seats in the respective courses in the IITs are filled in. Three admission lists have been issued .
- If the name of a Candidate appears on any of the Admission lists, the Candidate is told by an offer letter of the same .
Steps To Check IIT JAM Entrance Exam Result :-
- Visit the Official Website of JAM Exam 2024 i.e, jam.iisc.ac.in.
- On the Home Page, Search for the JAM Result.
- Then click on the Result link.
- Enter your Email ID and Password.
- Then click on the Submit Button.
- Check the Result.
- Download and take the Printout of the Result.
Counselling Process for IIT JAM Exam :-
The Counseling Process for JAM will take place as soon as the result is Announced. Those who get into the Category of Merit list will be Applicable to Appear for Counseling. The Counseling Process will appear in April Every Year.
Join the IIT JAM (Mathematics) Course :-
Download the Mathematical Academy App from PlayStore : Download Now
- Registration Open New Batch
- Complete Course Fees : 999 Rs (Only) /- & Include Test Series.
- Enroll Now
- Live Class
- Backup ( Complete Recorded Lecture ) Available in Mathematical Academy App.
- Printed Assignment + Video Solution
- Test Series ( Topic Wise + Full Length Test ) + Solution
- Watch the Video Offline without Internet.
- Watch the Video Unlimited Time .
- If you not Attemt the live class then end the live class immediately recorded Lecture Available in App.
- Laptop and PC version Available .
- Same login Id and password put the website.
- Live Class PDF Notes Available in App(Daily).
- Website : www.mathematicalacademy.com