GIC Lecturer Exam , GIC Lecturer Syllabus , Application Form , Exam Date , Eligibility Criteria , Pattern
Join the Group :
GIC Lecturer Exam Application form Released Date : Expected ( May 2023 – June 2023)
Last Date for submission of the application form : 1 month Released Date 2023
Admit Card Release : Notified Soon
Exam Date : Notified Soon
Conduct Agency : UPPSC ( Utter Pradesh Public Service Commission )
Exam Pattern : Offline Mode
Exam Type : MCQ
Result : Notified Soon
Selection Process :
GIC Lecturer Exam Eligibility Criteria : –
The condinates who Qualify GIC Lecturer Exam shall have to fullfill the following Eligibility Requirement for Application form.
- Post Graduate Degree in the concerned subject.
- For Subject wise Eligibility Read the Notification in Official website GIC Lecturer (UPPSC) .
GIC Lecturer Exam Age Limit & Relaxation :-
- Minimum Age : 21 Year
- Maximum Age : 40 Year.
- Age Relaxation Extra as Per Rules .
|SC / ST / OBC / Skilled Players||5 Years|
|Ex – Serviceman||3 Years additional along with the length of the service|
|Physically Handicapped||15 Years|
UPPSC GIC Lecturer Exam Pattern : –
- GIC Lecturer Exam will conducted Offline Mode .
UPPSC GIC Lecturer Prelims Exam Pattern : –
The Prelims of UP GIC Lecturer will be an Objective type test of 300 marks. The exam pattern for the same will be as follows :
|Subject||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Exam Duration|
|General Studies||40||300||2 hours|
|Optional Subject (Post -Specific)||80|
UPPSC GIC Lecturer Mains Exam Pattern : –
The UPPSC GIC Mains Exam will be a descriptive type exam comprising two Papers – Paper -I ( General Hindi & Eassy ) and Paper – II (Optional Subject). The details exam pattern is as follow :
|I||General Hindi & Eassay||100||2 Hours|
|II||Optional Subject (Post – Specific)||300||3 Hours|
GIC Lecturer Exam Marking Pattern of the Paper :-
- The tentative exam pattern for the screening test comprises 5 different sections . There will be a total of 120 questions that will carry 1 mark each.
- The questions will be of the objective type with four options per question.
- Each incorrect answer will result in a deduction of 0.33 marks .
- Candidates who provide more than one aswer for one question will also get negative marking for that question. These aanswers will result in a 0.33 deduction.
- There is no negative marking for questions that have been left unanswered.
- However, after the process of Challenges of the Answer Key, in case there are
multiple correct options or change in key, only those candidates who have attempted
it correctly as per the revised Answer key will be awarded marks.
- In case a Question is dropped due to some technical error, full marks shall be given
to all the candidates irrespective of the fact who have attempted it or not .
5. Charts , Graph Sheets , Tables , Cellular Phone or Other Electronic Gadgets are NOT allowes in the examination hall.
General Studies : –
- General Science ( High School Standard).
- Indian National Movement.
- History of India.
- Indian Polity , Economy & Culture.
- World Geography & Indian Geography & Natural resources of india .
- Ecology and Environment.
- Indian Agriculture , Commerce and Trade .
- Logic & Reasoning based on General Intelligence.
- Current National and International Important Events .
- Elementary Mathematics up to 8th level : – Arithmetic , Algebra and Geometry.
- Specific knowledge regarding Education , Culture , Agriculture , Industry Trade , Living & Social Traditions of Uttar Pradesh.
|Subject||Number of Question||Number of Marks|
GIC Lecturer Subject Wise Expected Cut Off 2023 : –
Knowing the cutoff helps candidates to know the minimum marks they must score to clear the written test and qualify the recruitment process. The GIC Lecturer cut-off 2023 will be released after the commencement of the examination till then have a look at the expected marks.
|Category||Expected Cut Off Marks|
|General||80 – 100|
|OBC||80 – 95|
|SC||70 – 90|
|ST||70 – 85|
GIC Lecturer Exam Selection Process 2023 :-
The Selection for the Post of GIC Lecturer will be done on the basis of the following stages :
- Prelims Exam – Objective type MCQs for 300 Marks.
- Mains Exam – Descriptive test for 400 Marks .
- GIC Lecturer Salary Pay 4800 Grade Pay .
- GIC Lecturer Pay Scale : 47600 Rs – 151100 Rs.
|GIC Lecturer Detail||Salary Structure|
|Pay Scale||9,300 – 34,800|
UPPSC GIC Lecturer Exam Syllabus (Mathematics) : –
Relation and functions :-
Types of relations :-
Reflexive, Symmetric, transitive and equivalence relations. Equivalence class. One-one and onto functions, composite of functions, inverse of a function, Binary operation.
Types of matrices, zero matrix, transpose of a matrix, symmetric and skew symmetric matrices. Addition, multiplication & scalar multiplication of matrices. Singular and non-singular matrices. Invertible matrices.
Determinant of a square matrix (up to 3 × 3 matrix) Properties of determinants, Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix. Consistency and number of solutions of system of linear equations by examples. Solving system of linear equations in two or three variables having unique solutions. Theory of equations of degree greater than or equal to two. Arithmetical, Geometrical and Harmonical progressions. Permutations and combinations, Bionomical theorem. Sum of exponential and logarithmic series.
Multiplication theorem on probability, Condition probability, Independent events , Total probability, Bayes theorem distribution.
Limit of a function :-
Continuity & differentiability, derivative of composite functions, and differentiation of different types of functions. Chain rule, Rolle’s theorem and Lagrange mean value theorem. Maclaurin’s & Taylor’s series. L. Hospitals rule, partial differentiation, successive differentiation, Leibnitz theorem, equation of tangent & normal to a given curve, Maxima, minima, increasing and decreasing functions.
Various methods of integration, definite integration as a limit of sum, Basic properties of definite integrals & evaluation of definite integrals. Application in finding the area under simple curves of spheres, cones & cylinders. definite integrals. Application in finding the area under simple curves of spheres, cones & cylinders.
Differential Equations :-
Order and degree of a differential equations. Formation of differential equations whose general solution is given. Solution of differential equations of Ist order & Ist degree. Linear differential equations with constant coefficients. Homogeneous differential equations.
Coordinate geometry of two dimensions :-
Equation of the pair of straight lines in homogeneous and non-homogeneous form. Conditions when homogeneous equation of 2- degree represents circle, parabola, ellipse & hyperbola, Equation of tangents & normals to the above conics. Common tangents to the two conics, Pair of tangents. Chord of contacts, polar lines to the above conics.
Vectors and three dimensional geometry :-
Vector & scalars. Unit vectors, Direction cosines/ ratios of a vector. Multiplication of a vector by scalar, dot product, cross product of vector and their in physics (work done & moments, angular velocity ) , Projection of a vector on a line , Angle between two vector.
Three dimension Geometry :-
Direction cosine/ ratios of line joining two points, Cartesian and vector equation of a line. Coplanar and skew lines, shortest distance between two lines, Cartesian and vector equation of a plane. Angle between (a) two lines (b) two planes (c) A line and a plane. Distance of a point from a plane. Intersection of two line, Intersection of a line of plane & intersection of two plane. Equation of a plane passing through the intersection of two planes. Equation of a sphere, cones, cylinders.
Group Theory :-
Examples – specially the group of nth roots of unity, group of residue class modulo n and modulo p where p is a prime. Subgroups, Homomorphism and isomorphisms properties of Homomorphism. Subgroups generated by a subset. Order of element in a group, Cyclic group, Symmetric group Sn . Lagrange theorem, Fermat’s theorem with application point of view. Normal subgroups, Fundamental theorem of Homomorphism, Endomorphism, automorphism, First Isomorphism theorem and second Isomorphism theorem.
Ring and Field :-
With simple examples as ( Zn , +) & ( Zp, +).
Linear Algebra :-
Vector space with examples, subspace, linear dependence and independence, Basis and dimension of a vector space, Quotient space, Sum and direct sum of spaces. Linear transformation, Kernel and image of a linear transformation, Rank and nullity of linear transformations, Rank nullity theorem, Composite of linear transformations and its rank & nullity. Singular and non-singular linear transformations, Transpose of a linear transformations, Matrix of a linear transformation. Vector differentiation: Gradient, divergence, curl, first order vector identities. Directional derivatives (with application point of view)
Vector Calculus :-
Line integral, surface integral, volume integral, Green’s theorem, Gauss divergence theorem, Stokes’s theorem, (From application point of view) Riemann integration: Integration of discontinuous functions, Lower and upper integrals of a bounded functions, Integration of a step function and signum function.
Equilibrium of a body under the action of three forces, coplanar forces, Equilibrium of a body under the action of a system of coplanar forces, Centre of gravity, common catenary Friction.
Motion of a projectile in vertical plane under gravity, work power and energy, Direct impact of smooth bodies, Radial and transverse velocity and acceleration, Tangential and normal acceleration.
Trigonometric equations, Properties of triangles Inverse circular functions, Height and distance, Complex Numbers , D -Moivers theorem & its application , nth roots of unity.
GIC Lecturer Exam Syllabus Download :-GIC -Lecturer Syllabus
UPPSC GIC Lecturer Exam Application Fees : –
- General Category Fees : Rs 225 /- only
- OBC Category Fees : Rs.125 / – only.
- SC / ST Category Fees : Rs 105 / – only.
- Ex. Army Fees : Rs.65 / – only.
- PH Category Fees : Rs.25 / – only.
Steps To Check UPPSC GIC Lecturer Exam Result :-
- Visit the Official Website of GIC Lecturer Exam 2023 i.e uppsc.up.nic.in
- On the Home Page, Search for the UPPSC GIC Lecturer Exam Result.
- Then click on the Result link.
- Enter your Roll No and Password.
- Then click on the Submit Button.
- Check the Result.
- Download and take the Printout of the Result.
Join the UPPSC GIC Lecturer Exam (Mathematics) Course :-
Download the Mathematical Academy App from PlayStore : Download Now
- Registration Open New Batch
- Complete Course Fees : 999 Rs (Only) /- & Include Test Series.
- Enroll Now
- Live Class
- Backup ( Complete Recorded Lecture ) Available in Mathematical Academy App.
- Printed Assignment + Video Solution
- Test Series ( Topic Wise + Full Length Test ) + Solution
- Watch the Video Offline without Internet.
- Watch the Video Unlimited Time .
- If you not Attemt the live class then end the live class Immediately recorded Lecture Available in App.
- Laptop and PC version Available .
- Same login Id and password put the website.
- Live Class PDF Notes Available in App(Daily).
- Website : www.mathematicalacademy.com
FAQs : –
Question : What is UPPSC GIC Lecturer Salary ?
Answer : The UPPSC GIC Lecturer pay scale is 47600 Rs – 151100 Rs. .
Question : What is the selection Process for UPPSC GIC Lecturer Recruitment 2023 ?
Answer : Prelims , Mains & Interview .
Question : Is there any negative marking for the Wrong Answers ?
Answer : There is 0.33 negative marking for the wrong answers.
Question : When willl be UPPSC GIC Lecturer Exam Held ?
Answer : UPPSC GIC Lecturer Exam will be held soon.
Question : Is B.Ed compulsory for UPPSC GIC Lecturer Exam ?
Answer : No
Question : Is there any Interview in UPPSC GIC Lecturer Exam ?
Answer : Yes