IIT JAM Physics Syllabus , Application from , Exam Dates , Eligibility Criteria , Exam Pattern 2024
Join the Group :
IIT JAM Exam Application form Released Date : August 2023
Last Date for submission of the application form : October 2023
Admit Card Release : January 2024
IIT JAM Exam Date : February 2024
Conduct Institude : IISC , Bangalore
IIT JAM Exam Pattern : Online Mode (CBT)
IIT JAM Exam Result : March 2024
IIT JAM Exam Eligibility Criteria : –
The condinates who qualify in JAM shall have to fullfill the following Eligibility Requirement (ER) for admissions in IISC and IITs.
- All condidates admitted through JAM should have a Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least 55% marks , without rounding off for GEN / OBC -NCL Category Candidates.
- At least 50% marks , without rounding off for SC / ST and PWD Category Candidates.
IIT JAM Exam Pattern : –
- IIT JAM exam will conducted Online Mode .
- Duration of Exam will be 3 hours.
- The Paper will be asked in the English Language Only .
- Section : 3 Sections ( Section – A , Section – B , Section – C ).
- Number of Questions : 60 Questions
- Total Marks : 100 Marks.
IIT JAM Exam Marking Pattern of the Paper :-
In all Sections , questions not attempted will result is zero mark.
- Section A ( MCQ) : 1 mark questions ,1 / 3 marks will be deducted for each Wrong answer. For all 2 marks questions , 2 / 3 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Section – B (MSQ) : No negative Marking .
- Section – C ( NAT) : No negative Marking .
|No. Of Question||Type of Questions||Total Marks|
|Sec – A||30||MCQ||50|
|Sec – B||10||MSQ||20|
|Sec – C||20||NAT||30|
IIT JAM Physics Syllabus : –
Mathematical Methods :-
Calculus of single and multiple variables, partial derivatives, Jacobian, imperfect and perfect differentials, Taylor expansion, Fourier series. Vector algebra, Vector Calculus, Multiple integrals, Divergence theorem, Green’s theorem, Stokes’ theorem. First order equations and linear second order differential equations with constant coefficients. Matrices and determinants, Algebra of complex numbers.
Mechanics and General Properties of Matter :-
Newton’s laws of motion and applications, Velocity and acceleration in Cartesian, polar and cylindrical coordinate systems, uniformly rotating frame, centrifugal and Coriolis forces. Motion under a central force, Kepler’s laws, Gravitational Law and field, Conservative and non-conservative forces. System of particles, Center of mass, equation of motion of the CM, conservation of linear and angular momentum, conservation of energy, variable mass systems. Elastic and inelastic collisions. Rigid body motion, fixed axis rotations, rotation and translation, moments of Inertia and products of Inertia, parallel and perpendicular axes theorem. Principal moments and axes. Kinematics of moving fluids, equation of continuity, Euler’s equation, Bernoulli’s theorem.
Oscillations, Waves and Optics :-
Differential equation for simple harmonic oscillator and its general solution. Superposition of two or more simple harmonic oscillators. Lissajous figures. Damped and forced oscillators, resonance. Wave equation, traveling and standing waves in one-dimension. Energy density and energy transmission in waves. Group velocity and phase velocity. Sound waves in media. Doppler Effect. Fermat’s Principle, General theory of image formation. Thick lens, thin lens and lens combinations. Interference of light, optical path retardation. Fraunhofer diffraction. Rayleigh criterion and resolving power. Diffraction gratings. Polarization: linear, circular and elliptic polarization, Double refraction and optical rotation.
Electricity and Magnetism :-
Coulomb’s law, Gauss’s law. Electric field and potential. Electrostatic boundary conditions, Solution of Laplace’s equation for simple cases. Conductors, capacitors, dielectrics, dielectric polarization, volume and surface charges, electrostatic energy. Biot-Savart law, Ampere’s law, Faraday’s law of electromagnetic induction, Self and mutual inductance. Alternating currents. Simple DC and AC circuits with R, L and C components. Displacement current, Maxwell’s equations and plane electromagnetic waves, Poynting’s theorem, reflection and refraction at a dielectric interface, transmission and reflection coefficients (normal incidence only). Lorentz Force and motion of charged particles in electric and magnetic fields.
Kinetic Theory, Thermodynamics :-
Elements of Kinetic theory of gases. Velocity distribution and Equipartition of energy. Specific heat of Mono-, di- and tri-atomic gases. Ideal gas, van-der-Waals gas and equation of state. Mean free path. Laws of thermodynamics. Zeroth law and concept of thermal equilibrium. First law and its consequences. Isothermal and adiabatic processes. Reversible, irreversible and quasi-static processes. Second law and entropy. Camot cycle. Maxwell’s thermodynamic relations and simple applications. Thermodynamic potentials and their applications. Phase transitions and Clausius-Clapeyron equation. Ideas of ensembles, Maxwell-Boltzmann, Fermi- Dirac and Bose-Einstein distributions.
Modern Physics :-
Inertial frames and Galilean invariance. Postulates of special relativity. Lorentz transformations. Length contraction, time dilation. Relativistic velocity addition theorem, mass energy equivalence. Blackbody radiation, photoelectric effect, Compton effect, Bohr’s atomic model, X-rays. Wave-particle duality, Uncertainty principle, the superposition principle, calculation of expectation values, Schrödinger equation and its solution for one, two and three dimensional boxes. Solution of Schrödinger equation for the one dimensional harmonic oscillator. Reflection and transmission at a step potential, Pauli exclusion principle. Structure of atomic nucleus, mass and binding energy. Radioactivity and its applications. Laws of radioactive decay.
Solid State Physics, Devices and Electronics :-
Crystal structure, Bravais lattices and basis. Miller indices. X-ray diffraction and Bragg’s law; Intrinsic and extrinsic semiconductors, variation of resistivity with temperature. Fermi level. p-n junction diode, I-V characteristics, Zener diode and its applications, BJT: characteristics in CB, CE, CC modes. Single stage amplifier, two stage R-C coupled amplifiers. Simple Oscillators: Barkhausen condition, sinusoidal oscillators. OPAMP and applications: Inverting and non- inverting amplifier. Boolean algebra: Binary number systems; conversion from one system to another system; binary addition and subtraction. Logic Gates AND, OR, NOT, NAND, NOR exclusive OR; Truth tables; combination of gates; de Morgan’s theorem.
IIT JAM Biotechnology Syllabus Download :-IIT JAM Physics Syllabus
IIT JAM Application Fees : –
- If you are looking for applying for only one paper and belong to GEN / OBC category can apply for the examination by paying the number of Rs.1500 / – and if you are a female belonging to SC / ST & PWD category can apply by paying Rs.750 / – .
- If you wish to apply for both the papers and belonging to GEN / OBC category can apply for the exam by paying Rs.2100 / – . Candidates from a category such as SC / ST & PWD and Female need to pay the amount of Rs.1050 / -.
IIT JAM Exam 2024 Admission :-
- First, Check the name in the JAM merit list .
- Then apply online only using the prescribed Admission Form available at the JOAPS website, Irrespective of IITs where the Admission is search .
- Enter login credentials obtained at the time of JAM registration to access the JOAPS admission form .
- In the Admission form, Qualified Candidates will have to enter all the programs at IITs, in order of preferences, where the Candidate is taking Admission .
- Now, submit the form the candidates are then needed to make the payment of Rs. 600/-.
- Review the Admission Lists , which are prepared by the Organizing Institute and announced on the JAM website .
- The Admission lists are released before the seats in the respective courses in the IITs are filled in. Three admission lists have been issued .
- If the name of a Candidate appears on any of the Admission lists, the Candidate is told by an offer letter of the same .
Steps To Check IIT JAM Entrance Exam Result :-
- Visit the Official Website of JAM Exam 2024 i.e, jam.iisc.ac.in.
- On the Home Page, Search for the JAM Result.
- Then click on the Result link.
- Enter your Email ID and Password.
- Then click on the Submit Button.
- Check the Result.
- Download and take the Printout of the Result.
Counselling Process for IIT JAM Exam :-
The Counseling Process for JAM will take place as soon as the result is Announced. Those who get into the Category of Merit list will be Applicable to Appear for Counseling. The Counseling Process will appear in April Every Year.
Question : How many IIT JAM Paper one can Apply for ?
Answer : You can apply for either one or two papers in IIT JAM Exam . But , the test shedule of conducting these two papers should not be the same.
Question : Do I need to pay registration fees for both the exams ?
Answer : The IIT JAM Examination fees will be paid separately for both papers for which you want to apply. Payment can be made using debit / cradit / net banking through the payment gateway.
Note : The Application fee is non – refundable.
Question : Do I need to send the printout of the Application form ?
Answer : No , don’t need to send and hard copy of the documents at IIT JAM Application forms will not be accepted in offline mode.
Question : Can I bring a calculator during the examination ?
Anwer : No , you will not be allowed to carry the calculator in the exam hall. Instead of it , the officials provide you the IIT JAM Virtual Calculator. It will be available on the computer screen during the exam for performing mathematical calculations. You can use this calculator at any time during the exam.
Question : Can engineering students apper in IIT JAM ?
Answer : This is one of the most asked questions , whether an engineering students is eligible or not. Yes an engineering student can apper in IIT JAM Exam He or she must satisfy the eligibility criteria for Joint Admision Test . The eligibility criteria are different for various institutes. IITs generally relax their criterion for qualified candidates.
Join the IIT JAM (Mathematics) Course :-
Download the Mathematical Academy App from PlayStore :
- Registration Open New Batch
- Complete Course Fees : 999 Rs (Only) /- & Include Test Series.
- Enroll Now
- Live Class
- Backup ( Complete Recorded Lecture ) Available in Mathematical Academy App.
- Printed Assignment + Video Solution
- Test Series ( Topic Wise + Full Length Test ) + Solution
- Watch the Video Offline without Internet.
- Watch the Video Unlimited Time .
- If you not Attemt the live class then end the live class immediately recorded Lecture Available in App.
- Laptop and PC version Available .
- Same login Id and password put the website.
- Live Class PDF Notes Available in App(Daily).
- Website : www.mathematicalacademy.com